Thursday, January 2, 2014

Word Work

The students thought it was fun to play with words today during class. With the new year, I am going to place an emphasis on some key areas that will help the students learn some critical skills that will be beneficial throughout their lives. The area we focused on today was "Word Work." We took the vocabulary words for this week and we looked them up so we have a good idea of what they mean. My plan is to do that on a weekly basis, and to show the students that it is fun to play with words. When I got online tonight, first thing I ran into was the following video of an author that was given a list of words from his own novel and he had to respond with a meaning for each word. I want to try it next week, so here's the video, as an example:

No comments:

Mr. Fisher's Third Grade Calendar 2010