Monday, January 13, 2014

Illustration

The ART of Illustrating, begins with ideas, then you make a rough sketch. It is very similar in real life. We sometimes have to start out simple, and then we are able to add some details, build up and improve our skills, and later on, we might be good enough to pursue our dreams!
Here are some quotes along those lines (to go along with this week's lesson):

Life is the art of drawing without an eraser.
John W. Gardner 
I start drawing, and eventually the characters involve themselves in a situation. Then in the end, I go back and try to cut out most of the preachments.
Dr. Seuss 
Mickey Mouse popped out of my mind onto a drawing pad 20 years ago on a train ride from Manhattan to Hollywood at a time when business fortunes of my brother Roy and myself were at lowest ebb and disaster seemed right around the corner.
Walt Disney
I paint; I draw and paint - I've been doing that since I was in third grade, drawing realistically and then changing to abstract art. That was my first creative thing before guitar or comedy.
Steven Wright 
A drawing is simply a line going for a walk.
Paul Klee 
I was quiet, a loner. I was one of those children where, if you put me in a room and gave me some crayons and a pencils, you wouldn't hear from me for nine straight hours. And I was always drawing racing cars and rockets and spaceships and planes, things that were very fast that would take me away.
Gary Oldman 
Drawing is rather like playing chess: your mind races ahead of the moves that you eventually make.
David Hockney 
The first writing of the human being was drawing, not writing.
Marjane Satrapi 
Usually I commit to something in my head and then I start drawing.
Jim Davis 
Many are they who have a taste and love for drawing, but no talent; and this will be discernible in boys who are not diligent and never finish their drawings with shading.
Leonardo DaVinci 
To do a drawing for a painting most often means doing something very sketchy and schematic and then later making it polished.
Jasper Johns 

No comments:

Mr. Fisher's Third Grade Calendar 2010