Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Welcome Back

Welcome Back!

I just finished updating the School Website, now I can concentrate on my site.

First of all I want to thank the parents that attended on Tuesday night. (80% attendance - that is awsome). It was great to see the students, as a teacher you really don't know where to start until you meet the cliental. And, boy am I lucky, it appears that I have the best bunch of third graders - hands down!

Here is current information that you will need to know coming into next week:
  1. School starts at 8:10
  2. School ends at 2:45
Why did it change, because we as a district are trying very hard to equate an exact amount of time for the school day. There will be exactly 6 hours and 35 minutes in every elementary school in the district. So sorry about the five minutes, it caught us by suprise too!

Early out is this Wednesday, September 1st and we get out at 12:45. This is also different from your Handbook that you recieved. Remember though this will only occur once a month. I have posted the days on the calendar (see the calendar below).

Upcoming post:
  1. The structure of my classroom: when we have P.E. (the most important part of third grade), what your children will be expected to learn and my philosophies of teaching. and,
  2. First Homework Assignment (have the students bring a picture of something they did this summer).
I will have it posted by Friday night, with further details.

No comments:

Mr. Fisher's Third Grade Calendar 2010